The Washington University in St. Louis Memory Lab conducts human learning and memory research. Although we are interested in many different topics in this broad area, our current research is primarily concerned with three issues:
Applying Cognitive Psychology to Enhance Educational Practice
How can tests be used in the classroom to promote learning?
- Are there detrimental effects of giving multiple-choice tests?
- How does feedback help to enhance learning from tests?
Memory Illusions and False Memories
- Why do people remember events that never happened to them?
- What are the cognitive processes that produce false memories?
- What is the relation between confidence and accuracy in reports from memory?
Click here for Henry L. Roediger's publications.
Click here for Memory Lab in the Media