Clinical Research Assistant Position
Emma Pendleton Bradley Hospital
Bradley Campus Research Unit
Dr. Radoeva’s research program focuses on advancing our understanding of the brain and behavior mechanisms underlying psychiatric disorders. In particular, there is a focus on autism spectrum disorder, mood disorders and sleep difficulties.
Under Dr. Radoeva’s general supervision, the clinical research assistant will assist in the acquisition and analysis of participant information, including research assessments, medical record review, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanning, and will have opportunities to prepare and participate in presentations, posters and manuscripts. This research experience would be helpful for candidates interested in applying for graduate and/or medical school in the future. A two-year commitment is preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in neuroscience, psychology, biological or behavioral sciences or related area, including courses in research methodologies and statistics. Minimum of six months of research experience. Working knowledge of at least 2 of the following is required: (1) SPSS, (2) Excel, (3) MRI analysis software (e.g., FSL, or SPM), (4) basic Unix programming (e.g., basic C-shell scripting), or (5) REDCap. Prior research experience in human subjects (including with children and/or adolescents with neurodevelopmental and/or mental health conditions), psychology, neuroscience, neuroimaging, or a data-driven behavioral science is preferred.
- • Recruit participants for research studies. Interview participant and/or family to explain nature of study; conduct telephone interviews; complete research assessments with children and families. Facilitate obtaining signed consent forms. Establish and/or maintain study record for each participant.
- • Work within the team to gather MRI neuroimaging data.
- • Analyze data by using Microsoft Excel, SPSS and MRI image analysis software, and prepare data for presentation.
- • Review medical records to abstract information.
- • Review literature pertaining to research and assist in presentation/manuscript/grant preparation and in planning research protocols.
- • Coordinate activities of others assigned to research projects.
How to Apply
For further details about the position and to apply, please submit your application, cover letter and resume/CV via the following link:
Emma Pendleton Bradley Hospital, known as Bradley Hospital, opened in 1931 as the first children’s psychiatric hospital in the United States. A Lifespan partner and teaching hospital for The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Bradley Hospital has established itself as the national center for training and research in child and adolescent psychiatry. It trains the next generation of behavioral health clinicians and investigates the causes of children’s mental health problems to develop effective therapies for improving their lives.