Greetings from Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences!
I am excited to contact you about the Neuroscience PhD program at the Mayo Clinic Graduate School of biomedical Sciences (MCGSBS). The Neuroscience track within the Ph.D. Program at MCGSBS brings together nearly 60 basic neuroscientists and clinician-scientists as faculty — each of whom have wide-ranging expertise and truly multidisciplinary research interests — to provide students with a unique educational experience. Graduate students in the Neuroscience track can freely choose from labs at any Mayo Clinic campus, including Jacksonville, Florida, Rochester, Minnesota, and Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona to perform their thesis research.
In addition to the unique geographical opportunities that MCGSBS offers, acceptance to the PhD program comes with the following benefits:
- A guaranteed 5 year scholarship to all matriculating students that includes a competitive stipend, health benefits, and full tuition.
- Career development internship opportunities
- Small class sizes and average time to degree of 5.25 years.
- 100% job placement rate with 87% of graduates since 1989 employed in academia or industry.
Students in our PhD program perform basic and translational research on a diverse range of topics including, but not limited to:
- Neurodegenerative disorders (AD, PD, ALS)
- Spinal cord injury and repair
- Neural engineering
We are currently accepting applications for admission in 2022 with a deadline of December 1. I encourage you to share this email widely with your colleagues and students. We especially encourage applications for minorities who are underrepresented in science.
Most importantly, for 2022 there is no GRE requirement and no applications fee….. but only two weeks left!!