Clinical Research Assistant Position
Hasbro/ RI Hospital
Childhood Asthma Research Program at Rhode Island Hospital/Brown Medical School seeks a full-time clinical research assistant for studies focused on asthma.
The Asthma Symptom Perception Study has as its goal to develop a novel intervention to improve asthma symptom perception for children ( ages 7-17) diagnosed with severe asthma and their caregivers.
The other two studies are observational studies, one is focused on atopic dermatitis and sleep in urban minority children (ages 8-12) and the other on atopic dermatitis and asthma in urban minority children (ages 7-12). There is an opportunity to participate in other studies.
Specific tasks will include assistance with research participant recruitment and scheduling, administering interviews and questionnaires to children and their parents, preparing and summarizing study results, and other tasks integral to research. The research assistant will also be trained to collect objective measures of lung and sleep functioning, including use of an asthma monitor and actigraph. The research assistant may have the opportunity to participate in generating presentations and reports as the data permit.
- A bachelor’s in psychology, public health or a related field
- Ability to commit to the position for an entire year.
- Experience with research concepts and techniques, including qualitative interviewing and quantitative data analysis.
- Ability to function autonomously in a collaborative interdisciplinary team involving research, medical and mental health care.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong administrative skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals.
- Experience working in an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse environment.
- A reliable car (mileage will be reimbursed)
- Availability and willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
- Bilingual skills in spoken and written English and Spanish required.
If interested please contact Maria Teresa Coutinho, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include resume as well as cover letter detailing your strengths and interest in the position.
For more information contact: Maria Teresa Coutinho, PhD
Research Staff Psychologist
Hasbro Children’s Hospital
Coro West Suite 204
Fax: (401) 444-8742