The Anxiety, Stress & Prolonged Grief Program led by Dr. Naomi Simon at NYU School of Medicine is seeking applicants for a Research Data Associate position to start in Fall 2021. I wanted to pass along the job description for the recruiting position and my contact information for any recent graduates that might be interested in applying to work at the program.
If any students have questions regarding the position, they should feel free to contact Carly Miron at email@example.com.
NYU Langone Health
Department of Psychiatry
Anxiety, Stress & Prolonged Grief Program
The Research Data Associate will provide support for the coordination of studies focusing on the phenomenology, biology, and treatment of anxiety, PTSD, and grief-related disorders under the direct supervision Dr. Naomi Simon.
• Provides support for federally-sponsored and privately-funded research on the etiology and treatment of traumatic stress disorders, anxiety, and complicated grief, including oversight of research data, organization of regulatory binders and study folders, and management of study databases
• Interfaces with the Principal Investigator and Institutional Review Board. Prepares and modifies ethics committee proposals for PI review and approval and communicates with the IRB regarding ongoing studies
• Assists with the design and posting of social media ads to recruit specific populations for research studies
• Performs data entry, cleaning, and analysis
• Conducts literature reviews for grant submissions and ongoing research work at the program under the direction of the Principal Investigator
• Assists in dissemination efforts on finding of research studies, including preparation of posters, presentations, and manuscripts
• Conducts phone interviews to assess fit with study inclusion/exclusion criteria and match participants to studies for initial screening visit
• Observe and assist with treatment groups by bringing patients to physician for treatment visits as necessary for ongoing studies
• Provides referrals for patients who do not qualify for current research studies
• Acts as the primary research contact for patients enrolled in studies
• Log patient visits, update and maintain patient charts in EPIC, and coordinates visit schedules
• Administers laboratory tests, including vital signs, electrocardiogram, urine toxicology, and phlebotomy
• Collects and processes patient blood and saliva samples
• Associate’s degree plus one year related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. BA or BS in psychology or related field preferred.
• Computer literate with good interpersonal, writing and verbal communication skills.
• Attentive to detail and flexible in fast-pace work environment
• Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
• Statistical knowledge and experience with data management and analysis preferred
• Prior experience working in research laboratory or related clinical setting preferred
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, CV, transcript, and
contact information for two references to Carly Miron at firstname.lastname@example.org by
Friday, September 3rd, 2021.