Research Specialist Position at the Center for Autism and the Developing Brain
(CADB) at Weill Cornell Medicine
The Center for Autism and the Developing Brain (CADB) Research Core at Weill Cornell
Medicine is currently seeking a full-time research specialist to work on clinical research
studies involving children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) (PIs: Steve Kanne, Jeremy
Veenstra-VanderWeele, So Hyun “Sophy” Kim).
• Organizes, schedules, and conducts clinical research assessments using specialized
interviews and psychological assessment measures (e.g., cognitive testing, such as
Mullen Scales for Early Learning, and autism testing, such as Autism Diagnostic
Observation Schedule (ADOS)) under the supervision of licensed psychologists.
• Prepares written reports of assessments.
• Recruits subjects for research studies based on study recruitment criteria.
• Maintains paper and electronic research and clinical records.
• Conducts literature searches and provides manuscript preparation support.
• Assists with preparation of grant proposals, manuscript writing and IRB
applications and amendments.
• Collects, enter, and updates data sets including test scores, demographics, and
Expected start date
Bachelor’s degree in psychology or related field and related experience.
Transportation required for local travel.
Highly Desired Requirements
Clinical experience such as assessment and/or intervention with autism or with children
and families with developmental disabilities or mental health issues.
Note: No relocation assistance is provided for this position. Visa sponsorship is not
available for this position. Weill Cornell Medical College is an employer and educator
recognized for valuing AA/EOE/M/F/Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Interested applicants should send a CV, names and contact information for 2 references,
and a cover letter describing relevant experience, interests, and long-term goals to Dr.
Sophy Kim (email@example.com).