Neuro Imaging Research Technician II - Psychiatry - 49996
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Psychiatry. The position is located at the East Building. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Performs a variety of research, database and clerical duties of a routine and technical nature in support of clinical neuroimaging research to ensure adherence to protocols and quality of information received; research studies involve 1) children with and without Tourette syndrome; 2) Parkinson disease and healthy older adults.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist PI/Postdoc fellow with running study participants through magnetic resonance imaging experiments.
- Transfer files to appropriate server.
- Review study database to make sure all data has been entered.
- Run developed scripts for image processing and analysis under PI and Postdoc fellow supervision.
- Assess basic cognitive function and behaviors with testing.
- Provide routine data entry ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain study database.
- Provide the testing questionnaires to study participants.
- Prepare cognitive testing packets.
- Score cognitive testing and questionnaires for PI and Postdoc fellow.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification; some college and one year of related experience in imaging research.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Experience in imaging research.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Some exposure to computer programming.
- Demonstrated ability for attention to detail.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Demonstrated technical ability including effective skills in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, etc.).
The hiring range for this position is $14.07 - $18.99 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position is open immediately, although start date is flexible. Applicants will be considered until the position is filled. The research assistant will be expected to cooperate fully with the lab’s Covid-19 protocol for safe data collection in children.
For more information, please contact Dr. Perlman directly at email@example.com.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.