The Alzheimer’s Association is looking for psychology students (or graduates) who might be interested in volunteering or completing a practicum or internship with us for the Fall semester.
We are a nonprofit organization that provides help and support for those with memory loss and their family members. Our volunteers gain substantial experience through this opportunity. Students at any level of previous experience are encouraged to apply.
Listed below are the several of the volunteer opportunities that might be of most interest to psychology students:
· Facilitate monthly support groups for caregivers
· Facilitate monthly support groups for people with ear;y stage dementia
· Teach segments of a class for people living with memory loss and their family members
· Teach community education classes about Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
· Early Stage Manager Assistant working mainly with building partnerships with cultural institutions and completing other tasks as needed
· Conduct assessments for people with memory loss who are interested in participating in our early stage programs
· Helpline volunteers to provide telephone-based support to caregivers and those with memory loss
· Assist with social/cultural events for people with memory loss and their family members
Other volunteer opportunities are available, as well--some on an ongoing basis and some on an occasional or one-time basis.
If interested in any of these volunteer positions, please complete our online volunteer application. If you have questions, you may contact Pam Gordon, Director of Volunteer Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in doing an internship, as a WUSTL student, please contact Dr. Carpenter at email@example.com.